Top Fry Nakuru head to the capital hoping to solidify a Kenya Cup playoff spot according to head coach Mitch Ochola ahead of matchday 13 clash with Impala Saracens on Sat March 16.
According to the club’s official portal, Ochola says “the teams that we are putting out are very exciting as our target this weekend is to solidify the play off spots.”
Oscar Ouma and Dennis Abenga are back to the team, Abenga replaces Emmanuel Mboya who has been the regular number 2 for the past three games as Ouma takes Tyson Asiago’s position.
John Mbugua and Ezekiel Waitere join Abenga in the front row, as Phillip Owuor and captain Edwin Makori provide the push from the boiler room.
Impala Saracens make only two changes as loose-head Edgar Obino comes in for Steve Juma (bench) and former Kenya U19 captain Tyson Okoth replaces Eric Kerre (bench) at the backrow.
Impala sit fifth with 34 points while Nakuru are seventh with 33 points, same with Mwamba who have a better points difference occupying the last playoff slot.
First leg between the two sides ended 22-26 in favour of Impala at NAC.
1. Edgar Obino 2. Daniel Ndome 3. Saul Kivumbi 4. Davis Makori 5. Shem Joseph 6. Tyson Okoth 7. Elkeans Musonye 8. Joel Omer (VC) 9. Samson Onsomu (C) 10. Xavier Bett 11. Samuel Motari 12. Hannington Mbaka 13. Bill Omondi 14. Bradley Ochieng 15. Anthony Odhiambo
16. Collins Chogo 17. Emmanuel Omondi 18. Eric Kerre 19. Steve Shammah 20. Anthony Nyandigisi 21. Paul Mutsami 22. Quinto Ongo 23. Steve Juma
Top Fry Nakuru
1. John Mbugua 2. Dennis Abenga 3. Ezekiel Waitere 4. Philip Awuor 5. Edwin Makori (C) 6. Cassius Omollo 7. Monate Akuei 8. Charles Odongo
9. Geoffrey Ominde 10. Duncan Abuyeka 11. Walter Okoth 12. Oscar Ouma 13. Brian Mayaka 14. Gramwel Bunyasi 15. Crispin Onyango
16. Emmanuel Mboya 17. James Njenga 18. Daniel Githanga 19. Teddy Agutu 20. Kennedy Mwangi 21. Donald Aluoch 22. Collins Onyango 23. Teddy Ratemo